Our two yurts are self-contained and fully furnished and each has its own private bathroom, set in our smallholding of terraced land, which we manage organically. Olives, vines and fruit trees surround the yurt with fantastic wild swimming spots nearby; our own spring provides the water; and energy is solar powered. Whether you’re looking for a lazy rural retreat, or an active holiday in the hills, there’s no better way to get back to nature without foregoing any creature comforts!
Apple Tree Yurt sleeps up to four - there's a double bed and a small yurt attached which has either one single or two. Perfect for families or just for that extra space for reading and relaxing.
- There’s plenty of space to hang your clothes, rugs on the floor and chairs for relaxing.
- A selection of cooled drinks are always available in the yurt.
Derek mixes a fantastic Caiparinha (a delicious Brazilian rum cocktail).
- Outside the yurt is your own private bathroom, with hot shower, sink, and ecological loo.
Apple Tree Yurt runs on it's own independent solar
panel at 12volts and has two reading lights.
The yurts stand on a platform beside a chestnut tree, providing all-day shade (hammocks and loungers provided).
- Bicycles are available for the use of our guests.
- We live just a few minutes walk away if you need us for anything. We have lived in Portugal since 2001 and enjoy our hectare of terraced land with our two children, Theo 10 and Ella 7, the chickens, the dog and the cat.
- A substantial continental breakfast is included, using local produce wherever possible. It’s served next to your yurt under a chestnut tree. Packed lunches and home-cooked evening meals are also available, with advance notice.
Prices and bookings
£65 / €75 per night for two people, including breakfast *
Minimum stay 2 nights.
£400 / €450 per week for two people including breakfast *
* substantial continental breakfast using local produce wherever possible, served next to your yurt under a chestnut tree. Packed lunches and home-cooked evening meals are also available, with advance notice.
Individuals call for availability.
Children under 3, free
Children 3 - 12, £9 / €10 per day.
£50 / €55 per week for yurt pod or bell tent hire.
The yurt pod attached to Apple Tree Yurt is perfect for families or larger groups. and has up to two single beds in it.
The bell tent is great for older children and includes two double air mattresses bedding and towels.
We are open from April to October.
A non refundable deposit of 50% of the price is payable upon confirmation of booking. The remainder is payable 28 days before the start of the holiday and a receipt will be issued.
For bookings and further information please contact us.
Please be aware we are a rural retreat in the mountains and there are areas of uneven ground, hence we can not provide specific access for the
|Address: Pracerias, Portugal|
|Zip/Postal Code: 3300 207|
|Latitude/Longitude: 40.1846 / -8.03042|
Please contact us for directions to get here.
The nearest village is ten minutes walk away, and has a café and a very small shop. The two closest towns, Arganil and Gois, are a twenty-minute drive away, and each has a supermarket, a weekly market and several cafés and restaurants. The closest airport is Porto, two and a half hours’ drive from here There are several natural river beaches close by, perfect for wild swimming and relaxing. You can walk off the property and into the hills, or drive a short way to access fine mountain walks, abandoned hill villages, country restaurants, lakes and reservoirs. We can put you in touch with local operators offering horse-riding, mountain-biking, water sports and other activities. Or there are many cultural and historic destinations within an hours drive, from Roman ruins to medieval castles. Information regarding these activities are provided in your yurt.
|-||Nightly rate||Weekly rate||Monthly rate||Min. Stay||Change-over|
|Rate summary||£-||£-||£-||2 Nights||-|