SAVE 5% ON ALL BOOKINGS*
Golden Oak Treehouse is luxuriously fitted and furnished, allowing you to enjoy the finest comforts whilst relaxing in the peace and uniqueness of the forest.
The treehouse is accessed via a simple wooden bridge from the main Golden Oak Cabin (which sleeps 8) into the exclusive, en-suite room for two.
Sleeping up to 10 people, this tree house holiday is perfect for families and groups.
- Bed linen, duvets, pillows, towels (including a bath towel, hand towel and a hot tub towel.)
- Fluffy robes and slippers in the en-suite of the master bedroom and tree house
- Twin room/s with separate shower or bathroom
- Tea and coffee making facilities in the tree house extension
- Eco-friendly, luxurious and beautifully scented Anyah toiletries
- Flat screen TV, with the ability to order food and drinks to your cabin from the Forest Retreat
- Connect your devices to the TV via the media hub (DVD players, video game consoles, PCs, iPads or MP3 Players.)
- An in cabin entertainment package of movies, internet access and all your favourite TV channels including Sky Sports (there is an additional cost for this service)
- Get cosy with the log burning stove in the living area
- Under floor heating throughout
- Fully integrated kitchen
- On the decking there is a barbecue rack (for disposable barbecues)
- Private terrace with outdoor furniture
- Private hot tub
- Space for 2 cars to park (you may park additional cars at an extra cost)
- There is a lobby area inside the front door especially for drying and storing outdoor clothing
- Dog free and dog friendly cabins are available, dogs are charged at £10 each per night and there is a maximum of 4 in each cabin
For prices and availability please visit the Forest Holidays website.
|Address: Larkwhistle Farm Road, Winchester, Hampshire SO21, UK|
|Zip/Postal Code: SO21 3BG|
|Latitude/Longitude: 51.0895203 / -1.21684400000004|
For full printable directions please visit the Forest Holidays website.
There are plenty of activities to keep you busy (should you wish to be!) both within the forest and the local area.To book any activities head to the Forest Retreat, a member of the team will be able to help you. You will also be able to enjoy a freshly cooked meal in the cafe or a drink in the bar. The children will love the play area, allowing you to sit back and relax. The Forest Retreat is also home to the shop where you can purchase daily essentials, luxuries, gifts and souvenirs and other locally sourced products.Bike hire is available and can be booked in advance at the time of your booking. Child bikes, seats, tag-alongs and trailers and helmets are all available. You are able to book when you arrive but options might be limited.Your Forest Ranger at Blackwood Forest will open your eyes to the forest around you. The Forest Ranger has a wealth of useful and entertaining forest facts and runs a full programme of activities for all ages from young children to adults, which includes treasure hunts, forest crafts and Night Vision walks. Visit the Forest Retreat to book your Forest Ranger activities, or simply have a chat with your Forest Ranger, to learn about life in the forest from the expert.There are a variety of walks and trails around the Blackwood Forest site, allowing you to explore the forest easily and safely, with walks to suit all levels.Outside of the Blackwood Forest site there is plenty to see and do;- Winchester, a culturally rich and vibrant Medieval city is 10 miles away. See the 900 year old cathedral and browse the ancient and modern shopping streets.- Visit Rooksbury Mill Nature Reserve for a day of fishing, 15 miles away.- Highclere Castle, familiar to many Downtown Abbey fans, is a stately Victorian castle set in 1000 acres of incredible parkland. Highclere Castle is 18 miles away.- For literary fans, Jane Austen’s modest 17th century cottage can be visited, 20 miles away. - The beautiful New Forest National Park with over 200 square miles of mixed woodland and heathland. See if you can spot one of them any wild New Forest ponies roaming about. Lyndhurst, one of the main towns in the New Forest, and also where the Visitor Centre is, is 30 miles from Blackwood Forest.- Salisbury Cathedral is a 40 minute drive from Blackwood Forest. With stunning architecture and home to the Magna Carta.- In the heart of the Test Valley is the town of Stockbridge. With a selection of independent shops, tea rooms, pubs and restaurants, many serving local produce. The town centre is a 20 minute drive from Blackwood Forest.For more ideas on places to visit in the area, please visit the Forest Holidays website.